Our mission is to help the industry to become more sustainable and reduce waste in the environment, while providing an empathetic platform for individual and trade to buy and sell quality clothing, homeware and accessories. We believe it is critical to our future that all business within the retail and textile industry take responsibility for their part in this epidemic.
Reported Fashion Industry Statistics
- Second to oil,
the clothing and textile industry is the largest polluter in the world.
- United Nations Climate Change News states, The fashion industry contributes 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions due to its long supply chains and energy intensive production.
- Nearly 20% of global waste water is produced by the fashion industry.
- The Environmental Protection Agency reports, that 15.1 million tons of textile waste was generated in 2013, of which 12.8 million tons were discarded.
- Consumers throw away shoes and clothing [versus recycle], an average of 70 pounds per person, annually.
- A few communities have textile recycling programs, about 85% of this waste goes to landfills where it occupies about 5% of landfill space and the amount is growing.
- Up to 95% of the textiles that are land filled each year could be recycled.
- Using recycled cotton saves 20,000 litres of water per kilogram of cotton, a water-intensive crop.
- Consumers in Ireland and the UK are reported to have an estimated $46.7 billion worth of unworn clothes in their closets.
How can we help?
Along with providing a platform for individuals to take part in buying and selling preloved clothing, we have developed specific brand and retailer programs that will help businesses, big and small, get involved in what happens to their products after initial sale. Resale can help both brand and retailers become sustainable while also providing business development opportunities.
Interested? Please contact us today at email@example.com and the team with provide you with more information.
It's time to make a difference. Join the Revolution.